Monday, March 23, 2009

Big update! (Last post)

2. The 240sx S13 - Step 5

Aftermath.

Ok, after the event, the car was still fine. On the surface. I was already aware of the oil leaks, although how bad, I was not sure. Also, the steering column had started clicking. I knew that was in bad condition too.

So, a trip to the stealership netted them some cash, but now my car drives perfect. Brand new steering system, new tension rods, and new seals.

On a personal note, I was finishing up school. I'm done. My last class ever was last wednesday and I graduate in a week. Portfolio books arrive tomorrow, all is well.

So... my car needed to share with my good fortune which came in the form of:

GTspec front & rear strut tower bars
Stance solid diff bushings
Pioneer 4-way speakers
Tein Tie Rods & Ends
Type X wing

I'll get better pics of these when I can but for now, iPhone photos will suffice.

Shawn's dad Howard offered to put in my Stage 4 Competition Clutch that I had bought from them awhile ago and never got it in. I lack the tools, the space, and the know how. So this weekend, I went up there to tinker with the new toys.

No-one would resurface the flywheel on Sunday so it's still on jackstands, but that's gonna change by the end of this day.

So while it was up, we got a few things done to it.

Front & Rear (not pictured) Strut tower bars went in.



Then got the Tie rods in. Got a bit more angle now AND a Shawn-spec (first ever) alignment. Also, some of the inside wheel well was hammered.



Transmission was cleaned and some tomfoolery occured when I was using the pressure washer to add something to Shawn's name (which was quickly erased).





Then we got the paint out. Went to Advanced Auto Parts and picked up some purple metallic paint. We painted my pastic headlight surrounds. Shawn also made some homemade fender braces (as mine were flimsy as hell) which we also painted. I made some decals when I got home.

Ladies and gentlemen, the first ever Team Rowdy/Shawn-spec Fender Braces. You saw it here first.









That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment