Monday, March 23, 2009

Big update! (continued)

2. The 240sx S13 - Step 3

Time to drift! (Almost)

My car was pretty much ready. Had to order an extra pair of drift wheels so I had more grippy Falkens in the front rather than crappy Kumhos all the way around.

A few days before the event though, I got the car emmission tested. Passed first time. But it was hell getting it there. On arrival, I found out that my car was too low to go up the dyno ramp. No big deal, just reverse it in.

No dice.

Turns out that my car was too low to even go on the dyno rollers, as the support bar, that recedes back into the ground to allow the wheels to touch the rollers, would make my car just sit on the dyno. It was too low, I had about half an inch exhaust clearance.

So, I went home and put the coils on max height. Still didn't look like enough. So I put on the crappy 18s that came with the car on the back.

It looked like this.



Anyways, the following day it was put back right.





The night before the event, I went with Kevin to wash his truck and my car. So fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment